volume 1, issue 6,
september 29, 2014
As little girls, we rehearse womanhood, imaging it has everything to do with make-up and men, then finding out it has more to do with something deep inside that needs to blossom, and nurture others to do the same.
We write . . . a lot. We share . . . a lot. We read . . . a lot. We need our women . . . a whole lot. We share so many experiences and are, at the same time, completely unique in our perspective. We need each other. Our hope is that this online magazine, which is at its embryonic stage, will bloom into a place where we can all meet and share. We are depending on you and your contributions to make it work. We hope you'll join us on this journey and make this a beautiful thing.
All contributions are voluntary, shared in the best interests of other women, and follow the criteria below:
- No men-bashing. While you may air silly things a particular man has done, the stories will be anonymous in order to not humiliate and will be understood to not reflect the gender as a whole.
- No kid-bashing. See above.
- No profanity. In order to not offend the masses, we will (edit) out any profanity and put in its place a splendiforous word that we may or may not have made up.
- No graphic sex or violence.
- This is NOT a forum for debate or argument, political or otherwise. Check your contention at the door, please, and just have fun.
Here is what we offer you:
- We welcome not previously published authors. Unlike many others, we don't require that you have publishing credentials. It kind of goes along with our "real women—real stories" tenet. So please don't let that hold you back.
- We offer you that publishing cred that is so important if you plan on writing professionally.
- Your stories belong to you. We don't own them. We just "borrow" them and will send you a simple contract that tells you so. All we ask is that if you publish somewhere else in the future, you mention that your piece was "previously published in Blooming Women Online Magazine."
- We allow you to use any name you want. Your own. Something invented. A first name only. Initials. An attribute in a place (a la Sleepless in Seattle).
- We will gladly do your editing for you. No changes in the story, just grammatical or wording suggestions. All revisions will be approved by you. We find that many women are hesitant to submit because they don't think they write well. We disagree! Your story should be told by you any way you want to tell it.
To contribute, please go to the Contact page and drop us a line. We can't wait to hear from you!
Copyright © 2014 by Rent's Due Publications
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, click a button on any page to send email with details of the request.